What is this medicine?
DIGOXIN IMMUNE FAB (di JOX in im MUNE fab ) binds to portions of digoxin. It is used to treat an overdose of digoxin or digitoxin.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- kidney disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to digoxin immune fab, sheep proteins, papain, chymopapain, papaya, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for injection or infusion into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?
This does not apply.
What may interact with this medicine?
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- swelling of the ankles, feet
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- unusually tired or weak
Where should I keep my medicine?
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children,
never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.