Diseases & Conditions A - Z
powered by Talix

Prostate Cancer Doctors

Internist/Family Practice Physician

If you are experiencing prostate cancer symptoms or have a high risk of prostate cancer, your primary healthcare provider might perform initial screening tests—a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test or a digital rectal exam (DRE). 


A urologist is a physician with special training in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. Once a primary healthcare provider has identified prostate problems, a urologist can perform further tests, including biopsies, to diagnose prostate cancer. Many urologists also perform prostate surgery.


An oncologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating cancer. Radiation oncologists focus primarily on radiation therapy, medical oncologists on chemotherapy, and surgical oncologists on surgery to remove tumors.

Content licensed from:

Written by: the Healthline Editorial Team
Medically reviewed : Jennifer Monti, MD, MPH

This feature is for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care and information received from your health care provider. Please consult a health care professional with any health concerns you may have.
Symptom Search
Enter your symptoms in our Symptom Checker to find out possible causes of your symptoms. Go.
Drug Interaction Checker
Enter any list of prescription drugs and see how they interact with each other and with other substances. Go.
Pill Identifier
Enter its color and shape information, and this tool helps you identify it. Go.
Drugs A-Z
Find information on drug interactions, side effects, and more. Go.